1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
5. A grant made by a law court.
10. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
14. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. Big-eyed scad.
18. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
19. A master's degree in business.
20. A hard green Swiss cheese made with skim-milk curd and flavored with clover.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
28. An enclosed space.
30. The square of a body of any size of type.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
35. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
37. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
42. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
44. The capital and largest city of Japan.
45. Not only so, but.
47. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
49. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
50. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
51. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 foot/sec/sec to a mass of 1 pound.
52. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and forefather of one of the tribes of Israel.
56. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
60. The month following March and preceding May.
61. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
65. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
66. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
67. A long brightly colored shawl.
68. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
69. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
70. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
71. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. (football) Of advancing the ball by throwing it.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
4. Lower in esteem.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A city in east central Texas.
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Relating to or near the radius.
9. Causing fear or dread or terror.
10. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
17. Not widely known.
21. Athletic facility equipped for sports or physical training.
23. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
26. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
27. Secured or held in place by tape.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. Produced by a manufacturing process.
34. Walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud.
36. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
38. In bed.
41. A festival featuring African-American culture.
42. A city in east central Texas.
43. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
46. (zoology) Relating to frogs and toads.
47. Serving as or forming a base.
48. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
53. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
54. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
55. Divulge information or secrets.
57. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
58. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
59. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
62. A human limb.
63. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
64. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.