1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
10. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. French painter of Italian landscapes (1796-1875).
19. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
22. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
28. Obvious and dull.
31. A bachelor's degree in religion.
32. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
35. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
38. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
39. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
40. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
44. English monk and scholar (672-735).
46. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
47. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.
49. Formerly a gold coin of various European countries.
50. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
55. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
57. Inquire about.
60. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
62. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
63. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
64. The striking of one body against another.
67. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
68. Many times at short intervals.
69. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A sudden very loud noise.
2. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
5. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
6. Found along western Atlantic coast.
7. Gone by.
8. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
9. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. An informal conversation.
18. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
21. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
25. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
26. Automatic data processing in which data acquisition and other stages or processing are integrated into a coherent system.
27. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
29. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
30. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
33. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
34. In bed.
36. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
37. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
41. A river in the east central United States.
42. (of tempo) Moderately slow n.
43. The cry made by sheep.
45. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
51. Leafless East Indian vine.
52. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
53. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
54. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
56. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
58. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
59. God of love and erotic desire.
61. Fleshy folds of tissue as those surrounding the mouth.
65. Informal terms for a mother.
66. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.