1. (Babylonian) The sky god.
4. Disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles.
9. A primeval personification of air and breath.
13. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
14. A genus of Lamnidae.
15. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
16. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
18. A tight sleeveless and collarless jacket (often made of leather) worn by men in former times.
20. A genus of Indriidae.
22. Of a pale purple color.
24. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
25. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
29. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
32. A doctor's degree in education.
35. Late time of life.
36. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
40. Examine by palpation for medical purposes.
43. An awl for making small holes for brads or small screws.
45. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
46. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
47. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
48. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
51. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
53. Made of fir or pine.
57. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
60. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
61. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
62. Used to refer to cited works.
64. Being one more than two.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
67. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Of or relating to or involving an area.
2. Italian architect who pioneered in the use of reinforced concrete (1891-1979).
3. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
4. Flesh of large European flatfish.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. The widely studied plant virus that causes tobacco mosaic.
7. Half the width of an em.
8. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
9. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
10. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
11. Armor plate that protects the chest.
12. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
17. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
19. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
21. An informal term for a father.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
26. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
27. Of or being the lowest female voice.
28. Chief port of Yemen.
30. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
31. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
33. A person forced to flee from home or country.
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
37. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
39. A festival featuring African-American culture.
40. The widely studied plant virus that causes tobacco mosaic.
41. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. A genus of Ploceidae.
44. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
49. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
50. An elaborate song for solo voice.
52. (superlative of `good') Having the most positive qualities.
53. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. English essayist (1775-1834).
55. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
56. Set down according to a plan.
58. The month following March and preceding May.
59. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
63. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.