1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. Someone who operates a barge.
10. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
13. Not in.
14. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
15. A branch of the Tai languages.
16. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
18. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
20. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
22. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
24. Causing a dull and steady pain.
25. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
27. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
28. A light touch or stroke.
30. 100 halers equal 1 koruna.
33. The father of your father or mother.
37. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
38. An associate degree in applied science.
39. Payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt his judgment.
42. Before noon.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
47. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
51. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
54. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
56. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
59. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
60. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
62. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
64. A large fleet.
66. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
67. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
68. Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Formerly included in genus Cedrela.
2. Wood of a sumac.
3. Spherical gram-positive parasitic bacteria that tend to form irregular colonies.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
7. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
8. A genus of Mustelidae.
9. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
10. A tall tower that forms the superstructure of a building (usually a church or temple) and that tapers to a point at the top.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
17. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
19. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
23. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
32. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
34. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
35. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
36. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
40. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
41. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
42. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
45. Fallow deer.
48. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
49. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
50. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
52. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
53. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
55. God of death.
57. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
58. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
61. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
63. A bachelor's degree in science.
65. A state in New England.