1. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
10. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
13. A periodic paperback publication.
14. Small genus of aquatic or semiaquatic plants.
15. An awkward stupid person.
16. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. Used of a single unit or thing.
19. An ancient city in northern Portugal.
21. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
24. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
26. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
29. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
34. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
37. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
38. The month following January and preceding March.
39. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
40. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
42. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
44. On or toward the lee.
47. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
48. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
53. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
57. The money risked on a gamble.
60. A master's degree in business.
61. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
62. An analgesic for mild pain.
63. An associate degree in applied science.
1. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. Advanced in years.
4. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. Utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs.
7. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
8. Before noon.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
11. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
12. The second largest city in Tunisia.
17. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
20. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
25. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
27. (informal) Of the highest quality.
28. Tag the base runner to get him out.
30. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
31. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
32. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
33. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
35. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
45. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
46. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
49. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
50. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
51. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
52. Type genus of the Anatidae.
54. A strong emotion.
55. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
56. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
58. A heavy precious metallic element.
59. The square of a body of any size of type.