1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
5. (of something seen or heard) Clearly defined.
10. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
13. On or toward the lee.
14. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
15. Any high mountain.
16. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
17. An item inserted in a written record.
18. The dressed hairy coat of a mammal.
19. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
20. French writer whose novels described the sordid side of city life (1804-1857).
23. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
24. A transuranic element.
27. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
29. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
31. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
35. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. A bird that frequents coastal waters and the open ocean.
41. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. A Russian river.
45. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
48. The vein in the center of a leaf.
52. A doctor's degree in education.
54. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. Thorn apple.
60. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
61. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
62. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
63. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
64. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
65. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
6. The largest of the four main islands of Japan.
7. Presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible.
8. Cheese melted with ale or beer served over toast.
9. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
10. A crime syndicate in the United States.
11. Exactly vertical.
12. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
21. A fraudulent business scheme.
22. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
25. World's longest river (4187 miles).
26. Type genus of the Hylidae.
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
30. Tree (as opposed to shrub).
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
33. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
40. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
41. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
42. A boy or man.
44. Being deficient in moisture.
46. Type genus of the Gavidae.
47. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
49. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
50. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
51. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
57. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
58. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
59. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.