1. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
4. Saudi Arabian minister of petroleum who was a central figure in the creation of OPEC (born in 1930).
10. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. French engineer who constructed the Eiffel Tower (1832-1923).
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. Officer in the (ceremonial) bodyguard of the British monarch.
18. Informal terms for money.
20. A state in midwestern United States.
21. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
23. A city in northeast Minnesota on Lake Superior.
25. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
27. Air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog.
28. Characteristic of a baby.
31. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
34. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
35. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
38. Hoop that covers a wheel.
39. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
40. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
41. The square of a body of any size of type.
42. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
43. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
45. An affirmative.
47. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
50. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
52. Property of a personal character that is portable but not used in business.
56. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
60. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
61. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
64. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
65. The sixth month of the civil year.
66. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
69. Sewing that repairs a worn or torn place in a garment.
70. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
71. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
1. United States lawyer and politician who formulated a production code that prescribed the moral content of United states films from 1930 to 1966 (1879-1954).
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
4. Not only so, but.
5. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
6. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
7. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
8. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
9. Make lighter or brighter.
10. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
11. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
12. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
17. Relating to or characteristic of Hungary.
19. The time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment.
22. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
24. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
26. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
32. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
33. Made of fir or pine.
36. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
37. Before noon.
44. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
46. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
48. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
49. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
54. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
55. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
57. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
58. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
59. Very dark black.
62. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
63. A decree that prohibits something.
64. A state in New England.
67. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.