1. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
5. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
9. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
13. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
14. Lie adjacent to another.
15. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
16. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
17. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
18. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
19. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
22. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
25. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
28. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
31. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. Capital of Nigeria in the center of the country.
37. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
39. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. Before noon.
43. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
48. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
49. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
51. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
55. A member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas.
58. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
59. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
62. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
63. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
66. A painful inflammation of the big toe and foot caused by defects in uric acid metabolism resulting in deposits of the acid and its salts in the blood and joints.
67. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
68. A light touch or stroke.
1. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
2. A genus of Mustelidae.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. Large ornamental tropical American tree with bipinnate leaves and globose clusters of flowers with crimson stamens and sweet-pulp seed pods eaten by cattle.
5. Very light colored.
6. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
7. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
8. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
9. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
10. Of or belonging to an enemy.
11. American novelist (1909-1955).
12. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
20. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
23. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
24. A bachelor's degree in religion.
26. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
27. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
29. Slightly open.
30. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
33. A radioactive transuranic element.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
38. Liable to sin.
40. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
41. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
44. The cry made by sheep.
47. An epic in Latin by Virgil.
48. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
50. Jordan's port.
52. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
53. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
54. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
56. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
57. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).