1. Fiddler crabs.
4. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
10. A man who serves as a sailor.
13. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
14. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. The state of being unsure of something.
18. The content of cognition.
19. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
20. A republic in southeastern Europe.
22. Wool of the alpaca.
24. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
26. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
29. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
31. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
35. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
37. Run away.
39. Perversely irritable.
42. Any taillike structure.
43. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
44. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
47. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
48. 10 grams.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
53. A Muslim or Hindu mendicant monk who is regarded as a holy man.
56. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
65. The cry made by sheep.
66. An advanced law degree.
67. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
68. A cgs unit of work or energy.
69. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
70. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
71. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Relating to the Urdu language.
2. Someone who cooks food.
3. An Asian river between China and Russia.
4. Ludicrously odd.
5. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
6. A city in northwestern Spain near the Cantabrian Mountains.
7. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
8. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
9. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
10. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. English monk and scholar (672-735).
17. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
21. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
23. Type genus of the Phocidae.
27. A very light brown.
28. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Characterized by or producing sound of great volume or intensity.
33. (prefix) Within.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
41. A person forced to flee from home or country.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
52. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
54. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
55. God of love and erotic desire.
57. In bed.
58. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
59. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
62. Any thick messy substance.
63. A young woman making her debut into society.
64. A light touch or stroke.