1. European cave-dwelling aquatic salamander with permanent external gills.
4. Eat noisily.
9. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
13. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
14. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
15. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
16. Covered with paving material.
19. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
22. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
23. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
24. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
25. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
26. Unknown god.
28. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
30. Any of numerous plants of the genus Begonia grown for their attractive glossy asymmetrical leaves and colorful flowers in usually terminal cymes or racemes.
34. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
38. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
42. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. Common Indian weaverbird.
48. Inquire about.
50. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
53. The eleventh month of the civil year.
54. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
56. The square of a body of any size of type.
57. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
61. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
63. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
64. Not only so, but.
65. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
66. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
67. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
68. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
2. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
3. Any of various edible mushrooms of the genus Morchella having a brownish spongelike cap.
4. The act of scanning.
5. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
6. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
7. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
8. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
11. Excessively fat.
12. Any of various usually white herons having long plumes during breeding season.
17. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
18. English monk and scholar (672-735).
20. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
21. Polish filmmaker (born in 1929).
27. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
32. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
33. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
46. A genus of Indriidae.
47. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
48. An associate degree in nursing.
49. Wearing footgear.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
55. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
58. A doctor's degree in education.
59. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
60. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
62. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.