1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
9. A state in the western United States.
13. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
14. Type genus of the Gavidae.
15. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
16. Give an education to.
18. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
19. A person who rides a pedal-driven vehicle (as a bicycle).
20. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
22. Immediately past.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. Of or relating to the uvea of the eye.
27. The cry made by sheep.
32. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
34. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
36. Type genus of the Amiidae.
37. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
40. A city in northwestern Syria.
41. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
44. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
47. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
49. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
53. Sour or bitter in taste.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
57. The basic unit of money in Lesotho.
59. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
60. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
61. Small compact-bodied almost completely aquatic bird that builds floating nests.
62. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. The short weak cry of a young bird.
2. English monk and scholar (672-735).
3. The act of moving along swiftly (as before a gale).
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
5. A pair of people who live together.
6. Prevent the occurrence of.
7. An expression of greeting.
8. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
9. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
11. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
12. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
17. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. Lower in esteem.
25. A healthy capacity for vigorous activity.
26. A town in north central Oklahoma.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Dwell (archaic).
31. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
33. A young woman making her debut into society.
35. A light informal meal.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. Back and sides of a hog salted and dried or smoked.
43. The month following March and preceding May.
45. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
46. Make less active or intense.
48. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
50. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
51. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
52. A bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases.
54. The month following February and preceding April.
55. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
58. One thousand grams.