1. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
4. Earnest or urgent request.
10. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
13. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
14. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
15. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
16. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
17. Cuban dancer and choreographer (born in 1921).
18. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
19. A synthetic narcotic drug (trade name Demerol) used to treat pain.
21. Bringing death.
23. A salt or ester of oxalic acid.
25. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
26. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
27. A fraudulent business scheme.
30. A soft silvery metallic element.
32. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
35. As hot as if in an oven.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. Brazilian tree with handsomely marked wood.
46. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. Tropical American bird resembling a blue jay and having greenish and bluish plumage.
53. A genus of Platalea.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
57. A resort city in western Florida.
58. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
61. A branch of the Tai languages.
62. A bachelor's degree in library science.
63. The closing section of a musical composition.
64. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
2. A pure form of finely ground silica.
3. An evergreen tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in tropical America and Africa and Asia.
4. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
5. A Basque or Spanish game played in a court with a ball and a wickerwork racket.
6. Alexandrian astronomer who proposed a geocentric system of astronomy that was undisputed until Copernicus (2nd century AD).
7. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
8. An associate degree in applied science.
9. The dried fibrous part of the fruit of a plant of the genus Luffa.
10. A flat tortilla with various fillings piled on it.
11. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
12. The usually cylindrical central vascular portion of the axis of a vascular plant.
20. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
22. Jordan's port.
24. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. A Loloish language.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
36. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
38. Austrian painter influenced by art nouveau (1862-1918).
41. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
42. Any warm-blooded vertebrate having the skin more or less covered with hair.
44. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
45. A bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll.
47. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
51. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
52. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
54. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
56. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
59. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
60. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.