1. Twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes.
5. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
10. A light touch or stroke.
13. A very light brown.
14. Become one.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
22. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
24. A state in north central United States.
25. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
26. (informal) Exceptionally good.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A passage with access only at one end.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
41. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
43. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
44. The cry made by sheep.
45. A small cake leavened with yeast.
46. An often persistent bodily disorder or disease.
48. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
50. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
51. A genus of Ploceidae.
55. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
59. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
62. A Loloish language.
63. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
64. Type genus of the Otariidae.
67. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
68. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
69. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
70. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. A large number or amount.
2. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
3. Front part of a vessel or aircraft.
4. Antibacterial consisting of any of several synthetic organic compounds capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria that require PABA.
5. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
6. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
7. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
8. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
9. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
10. Dearly loved.
11. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
12. English monk and scholar (672-735).
17. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
21. Pan with a convex bottom.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Divulge information or secrets.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
33. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
35. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. Support column consisting of a steel cylinder filled with concrete.
39. A decree that prohibits something.
40. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
42. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
47. The food served and eaten at one time.
49. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
52. Type genus of the Anatidae.
53. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
54. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
56. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
57. A boy or man.
58. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
60. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
61. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
65. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
66. Before noon.