1. The sound made by corvine birds.
4. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
10. (informal) Roused to anger.
13. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
14. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
15. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
16. A bee that is a a member of the genus Andrena.
19. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
20. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
23. An island of central Hawaii.
24. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
29. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
34. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
35. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
36. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
37. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
41. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
42. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
46. Or or relating to or caused by tides.
48. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
49. A telegram sent abroad.
53. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
54. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
57. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
58. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
59. Come out into view, as from concealment.
61. Being two more than fifty.
62. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
63. A Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s.
64. Water frozen in the solid state.
1. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
2. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
3. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
4. In bed.
5. A decree that prohibits something.
6. A committee having supervisory powers.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
9. A soft silvery metallic element.
10. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
11. Jordan's port.
12. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
17. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
18. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
21. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
22. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
25. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
26. A republic in central Europe.
27. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
28. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
30. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
31. 10 grams.
32. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
33. A light touch or stroke.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. Spider monkeys.
40. Imperial moths.
43. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
44. Disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles.
45. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
47. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
50. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
51. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
52. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
55. The universal time coordinated when an event is received on Earth.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. Informal terms for a mother.