1. A port in southwestern Scotland.
4. A basketball shot made with one hand from a position under or beside the basket (and usually banked off the backboard).
9. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
13. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
14. Lower in esteem.
15. A blind god.
16. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
17. Obvious and dull.
18. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
19. Be going to.
21. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
23. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
25. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. In bed.
30. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
34. 1/10 gram.
35. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
38. An informal term for a father.
39. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. River in eastern Asia.
45. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
48. An advanced law degree.
49. Patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes.
53. The content of cognition.
56. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
57. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
60. Having help.
61. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
62. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
65. Have a tendency or disposition to do or be something.
67. Jordan's port.
68. Founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910).
1. A bachelor's degree in library science.
2. Not only so, but.
3. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
4. 1 species.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. An American who lives in the North (especially during the American Civil War).
7. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
8. A chain of more than 200 islands about 400 miles long in the western central Pacific Ocean.
9. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
10. (of groups of people) Tending to travel and change settlements frequently.
11. Chief port of Yemen.
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
33. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
36. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. Prohibited by law or by official or accepted rules.
41. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
46. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
47. Protected from heat and light with shade or shadow.
48. The habitation of wild animals.
50. A musical composition of several movements only loosely connected.
51. Make improvements or corrections to.
52. An informal term for a father.
54. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
55. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
59. A light touch or stroke.
63. A state in midwestern United States.
64. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.