1. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
10. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Affectedly dainty or refined.
15. An accidental happening.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Enthusiastic approval.
19. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
21. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
23. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
25. Make amends for.
28. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
29. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
33. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
36. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
37. A doctor's degree in religion.
38. A group of bracts simulating a calyx as in a carnation or hibiscus.
40. By bad luck.
42. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
43. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
44. Basic principles of the cosmos.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. From 40 million to 58 million years ago.
54. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
57. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
58. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
60. (Greek mythology) God of love.
61. The residue that remains when something is burned.
62. Wild and menacing.
63. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 cm/sec/sec to a mass of 1 gram.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
3. Female equine animal.
4. The content of cognition.
5. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
6. An airfoil that controls lateral motion.
7. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
8. King of the Huns.
9. A Mid-Atlantic state.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. Unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech.
20. An intuitive awareness.
22. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
24. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
27. A Hindu theistic philosophy.
30. Beyond what is natural.
31. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
32. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
34. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
35. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
39. Of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
40. A Mid-Atlantic state.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
45. A foot traveler.
46. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
49. A vigorous blow.
51. Suggestive of the supernatural.
52. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
53. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
55. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
57. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
59. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.