1. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
4. Large mostly Old World wading birds typically having white-and-black plumage.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
14. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
15. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
16. The closing section of a musical composition.
18. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
19. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
20. Seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination.
21. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
23. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
24. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
25. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
34. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
36. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
38. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
40. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
42. A tight-fitting headdress.
44. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
45. Offering fun and gaiety.
46. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. An informal term for a father.
48. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
51. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
55. Excellent and delightful in all respects.
59. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
63. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
64. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
65. Without qualification.
67. Noisy talk.
68. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
69. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
70. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
1. Chinese fruit having a thin brittle shell enclosing a sweet jellylike pulp and a single seed.
2. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
3. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
5. A form of Japanese poetry.
6. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
7. A motley assortment of things.
8. A festival featuring African-American culture.
9. A doctor's degree in education.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
12. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
17. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
26. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
27. Made of fir or pine.
28. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
31. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
32. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
33. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
35. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
37. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
39. Someone who drives a taxi for a living.
41. A quantity of no importance.
43. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
49. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
52. In bed.
53. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
54. A thrusting blow with a knife.
55. Unknown god.
56. (Welsh) Corresponds to Iris Ler.
57. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
58. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
61. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
62. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
63. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
66. A metallic element of the rare earth group.