1. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
4. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
10. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
13. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
14. Remove the hand from.
15. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Any of a group of natural steroid alcohols derived from plants or animals.
18. (informal) Of the highest quality.
19. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
21. An accountant certified by the state.
23. An island in the Gulf of Guinea that is part of Equatorial Guinea.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
26. American dramatist (1928- ).
29. The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein.
32. Disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed.
34. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
37. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
38. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
40. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
41. Music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano).
45. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
47. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
48. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
49. A hinged pair of curved iron bars.
53. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
57. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
58. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
61. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
62. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
63. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
64. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
65. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
66. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
67. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Type genus of the Sulidae.
3. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
4. French botanist who categorized plants into families and developed a system of plant classification (1748-1836).
5. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
6. A written order directing a bank to pay money.
7. Russian chess master who was world champion from 1975 until 1985 when he was defeated by Gary Kasparov (born in 1951).
8. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
9. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
10. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
11. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
12. A squeaking sound.
20. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
22. Lie adjacent to another.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. A Russian river.
28. (informal) Exceptionally good.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
33. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
35. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
36. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
39. The ninth month of the Moslem calendar.
42. A master's degree in theology.
43. The striking of one body against another.
44. Informal terms for money.
46. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
50. Avatar of Vishnu.
51. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
52. World's longest river (4187 miles).
54. A city in northern India.
55. Characteristic of false pride.
56. A French abbot.
59. A light touch or stroke.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.