1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
9. Colloquial British abbreviation.
13. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
14. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
15. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
16. New Guinea echidnas.
18. Wool of the alpaca.
20. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
21. A native of ancient Troy.
22. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. A Mid-Atlantic state.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. An awkward stupid person.
30. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
35. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
38. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
39. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
40. (informal) Of the highest quality.
42. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
51. An antianxiety agent (trade name Xanax) of the benzodiazepine class.
52. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
54. Of or containing iridium.
57. The capital and largest city of Japan.
58. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
59. Pull back or move away or backward.
60. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
61. The cry made by sheep.
62. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
63. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
1. Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked.
2. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
3. Hungarian composer of light operas (1870-1948).
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. Type genus of the Ranidae.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. United States film maker (1897-1991).
10. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
11. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
12. A bluish shade of green.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
19. 1 species.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
28. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
29. Large African antelope having a head with horns like an ox and a long tufted tail.
31. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
32. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
33. In bed.
34. A town in southwestern Idaho.
36. Baby bed with high sides.
37. A spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink.
38. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
41. Made of calico or resembling calico in being patterned.
43. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
44. Distinguish oneself.
45. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
46. An extreme state of adversity.
47. Long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
53. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
55. The habitation of wild animals.
56. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.