1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Lower in esteem.
9. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. Indigo bush.
15. Not in action or at work.
16. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
18. Any of various units of capacity.
20. A bottle with a stopper.
21. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
22. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
23. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
25. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
26. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
31. A member of a monotheistic sect of Zoroastrian origin.
34. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
37. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
39. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
41. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
44. God of the Underworld.
45. A place for the burial of a corpse (especially beneath the ground and marked by a tombstone).
47. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. Asiatic plant grown for its cluster of edible white stalks with dark green leaves.
52. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
56. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
57. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
59. Look forward to the probably occurrence of.
60. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
63. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
64. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. (Irish) The sea personified.
67. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
1. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
2. Appeal or request earnestly.
3. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
4. A public promotion of some product or service.
5. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
6. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
7. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
8. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
9. Seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
12. Arm again.
17. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
19. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
28. (informal) Exceptionally good.
29. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
30. An elaborate song for solo voice.
32. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
33. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
35. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
36. The cry made by sheep.
38. Shaped like a cube.
39. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
40. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
42. Make an etching of.
43. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
44. 16 ounces.
46. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
49. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
50. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
51. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
53. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
54. Make reference to.
55. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
58. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
61. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.