1. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
4. Relating to or near the radius.
10. Of southern Europe.
13. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
14. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. An outstanding Spanish cellist noted for his interpretation of Bach's cello suites (1876-1973).
18. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
19. A motley assortment of things.
21. Of or relating to the songbirds n.
23. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
25. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
26. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
29. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
35. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
37. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
38. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
39. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
41. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
42. Give over.
46. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
50. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
57. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
58. The sport of engaging in contests of speed.
61. The cry made by sheep.
62. (Irish) The sea personified.
63. Used improperly or excessively especially drugs.
64. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
65. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
66. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
67. Of a dull grayish brown to brownish gray color.
1. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
2. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
3. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
4. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
5. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
6. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
7. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
8. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
9. A tenant who holds a lease.
10. God of fire.
11. The act of scanning.
12. Especially one side of a leaf.
20. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
22. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. On or toward the lee.
28. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
30. (informal) Exceptionally good.
31. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
32. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
33. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
34. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
36. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
40. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
43. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. The sign language used in the United States.
47. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
48. The brightest star in Cygnus.
49. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
51. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
52. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
53. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
54. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
55. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
56. A quantity that is added.
59. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. A passage with access only at one end.