1. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
4. South American shrub having edible greenish plumlike fruit.
10. A human limb.
13. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
14. A basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression).
15. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
16. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Being of use or service.
21. Having a melody (as distinguished from recitative).
23. Soft smooth leather from the hide of a young goat.
25. A reason for wanting something done.
26. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
27. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
42. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
44. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
45. English author whose work used such techniques as stream of consciousness and the interior monologue.
47. Tall hat.
51. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
54. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
56. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
57. Too numerous to be counted.
60. The basic unit of money in Nicaragua.
62. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
63. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
65. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
66. Informal terms for the mouth.
67. A long and hard-hit fly ball.
68. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. Dearly loved.
3. Division of a group into opposing factions.
4. Bottle that has a narrow neck.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
7. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
8. A Russian river.
9. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
10. City in eastern Belgium.
11. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
12. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
17. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
20. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
22. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
24. The eighth month of the civil year.
28. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
29. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
30. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
31. Being one more than ninety.
32. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
36. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. Property of a personal character that is portable but not used in business.
41. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
43. The basic unit of money in China.
46. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
48. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
52. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
53. The men who man a ship or aircraft.
55. A small vessel for travel on water.
56. An informal term for a father.
58. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
59. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
61. A light touch or stroke.
64. A state in midwestern United States.