1. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
4. 1 species.
10. A humming noise.
13. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
14. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. A German machine gun.
18. A fine powder produced by the anthers of seed-bearing plants.
20. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
21. A port city in southwestern Iran.
22. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
23. The face or front of a building.
25. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
26. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
30. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
39. (informal) Of the highest quality.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A loose cloak with a hood.
44. An associate degree in applied science.
46. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
47. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
50. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
54. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
55. A small piece of cloth.
56. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
61. A transuranic element.
62. Jordan's port.
63. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
65. The sound of laughing.
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An adult male singer with the lowest voice.
2. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
3. An ordered reference standard.
4. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Lodine).
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Very steep.
7. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
8. Wool of the alpaca.
9. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
10. Ground snakes.
11. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
12. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
17. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
19. A boy or man.
24. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
28. The cry made by sheep.
29. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
32. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
33. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
34. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
35. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
38. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
45. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Jordan's port.
51. A baton used by a magician or water diviner.
52. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
53. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
57. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
58. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
59. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
60. A light touch or stroke.
61. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.