1. The dialect of Chinese spoken in Canton and neighboring provinces and in Hong Kong and elsewhere outside China.
4. (of farmland) Capable of being farmed productively.
10. A castrated tomcat.
13. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
14. A mountain peak in central Washington.
15. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
16. A rapid bustling commotion.
17. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
18. The cry made by sheep.
19. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
21. United States inventor of the first rapid firing gun (1818-1903).
23. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
33. A telegram sent abroad.
35. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
37. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
38. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
39. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
40. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
48. Before noon.
51. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
53. A Russian river.
54. Preserve of crushed fruit.
55. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
56. At full speed.
59. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
61. (informal) Of the highest quality.
63. (trademark) An acrylic fiber or the lightweight crease-resistant fabric made with Orlon yarns.
65. The dressed skin of an animal (especially a large animal).
66. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
67. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
68. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
1. Not only so, but.
2. Relating to the Urdu language.
3. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
4. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
5. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
6. Black tropical American cuckoo.
7. The successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely.
8. A Russian river.
9. A country north of Ethiopia on the Red Sea.
10. A desert in central Asia.
11. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
22. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
26. An informal term for a father.
27. In bed.
28. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
29. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
30. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
31. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
32. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
34. At or constituting a border or edge.
36. Wearing or provided with clothing.
41. A Loloish language.
42. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
43. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
44. Especially one side of a leaf.
46. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
48. A genus of Platalea.
49. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
50. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
57. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
58. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
60. 30 to 300 megahertz.
62. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
64. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
65. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.