1. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
4. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
10. (Australian and New Zealand) A disparaging term for English immigrants to Australia or New Zealand.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
15. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
16. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
18. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
20. A fraudulent business scheme.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
27. The unit of measurement for the proportion of gold in an alloy.
28. The superior of a group of nuns.
32. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
33. A small nail.
34. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
36. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
40. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
43. Not only so, but.
47. American dramatist (1928- ).
54. A mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving.
58. 3rd largest island in the world.
60. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
61. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
63. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
64. A young woman making her debut into society.
65. United States space station.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
4. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
5. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
6. Not out.
7. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
8. Singing jazz.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. Of or relating to a hair.
11. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
12. French impressionist painter (1840-1926).
17. To fix or set securely or deeply.
19. Jordan's port.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
35. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
37. Informal terms for a mother.
38. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
39. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
44. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
45. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
46. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
48. A fine-grained unstratified accumulation of clay and silt deposited by the wind.
49. A natural stream of water smaller than a river (and often a tributary of a river).
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
55. A short personal letter.
56. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
57. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
59. A pass between mountain peaks.
62. A state in east central United States.