1. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. The second nearest planet to the sun.
9. Lacking funds.
13. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
14. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
15. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
16. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
18. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
19. The act of grasping.
20. Fallow deer.
21. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
22. Small dry indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall.
24. The act of scanning.
26. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
27. Jordan's port.
29. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
30. An informal term for a father.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
44. Parasitic on the digestive epithelium of vertebrates and higher invertebrates.
46. Having leadership guidance.
48. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
49. A Japanese warrior who was a member of the feudal military aristocracy.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
57. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
58. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
62. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
63. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
64. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
66. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
67. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
68. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
69. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. A large number or amount.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
4. A state in the eastern United States.
5. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
6. A quantity of no importance.
7. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
8. Leafless East Indian vine.
9. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
10. Not having been read.
11. A kind of pain.
12. A native American tent.
17. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
23. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. The cry made by sheep.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
35. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
36. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
38. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
40. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
41. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
43. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
45. A doctor's degree in education.
47. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
50. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
52. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
54. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
55. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
56. A city in northern India.
59. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
60. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
61. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
62. An informal term for a father.
65. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.