1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Waterproof hip boots (sometimes extending to the chest) worn by anglers.
10. An accidental happening.
13. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
14. An immunosuppressive drug (trade name Imuran) used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ.
15. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
16. Clear to the mind.
18. Soft creamy white cheese.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
21. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
23. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
24. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
26. The square of a body of any size of type.
27. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
36. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
38. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
40. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. The sixth month of the civil year.
44. Enlarged prostate.
45. Unknown god.
47. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
49. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
51. Squash bugs.
57. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
58. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
61. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
62. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
63. A genus of Indriidae.
64. Bound or secured closely.
65. A boy or man.
66. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
2. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
3. Being of delicate or slender build.
4. Equipped with wire or wires especially for electric or telephone service.
5. Before noon.
6. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
7. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
8. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
9. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
10. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
11. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
12. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
17. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
22. A wind instrument.
25. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
28. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
29. A sudden very loud noise.
30. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
39. South African term for `boss'.
43. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
46. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
48. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
50. A blanket that is used as a cloak or shawl.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
54. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
56. An informal term for a father.
59. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
60. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.