1. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
4. Gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby.
10. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
13. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
14. Someone who earn wages in return for their labor.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
17. An implement used to erase something.
18. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
19. (trademark) A light plastic disk about 10 inches in diameter.
21. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
23. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
25. Offering little or no hope.
27. A woman of refinement.
30. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
35. Not only so, but.
37. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
39. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
42. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
46. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. A nihilistic art movement (especially in painting) that flourished in Europe early in the 20th century.
57. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
60. A Loloish language.
61. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
62. An informal term for a father.
63. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
1. Shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist.
2. Chief god of the Rig-Veda.
3. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
4. Perennial herb of North America.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
7. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
8. Towards the side away from the wind.
9. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
10. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
11. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
12. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
20. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
22. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
24. Jordan's port.
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
29. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
33. A male human offspring.
34. Either extremity of something that has length.
36. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
43. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
44. God of wealth and love.
45. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
47. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
48. Not out.
49. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
50. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
51. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
52. A bachelor's degree in music.
54. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
56. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
58. A bachelor's degree in religion.
59. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.