1. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
5. Improperly forward or bold.
10. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
13. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
14. A mountain in the Andes in Argentina (22,047 feet high).
15. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
16. A city of central China.
17. Pale gray.
19. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. The address where a person lives.
29. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
31. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
32. A doctor's degree in religion.
37. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
38. The cry made by sheep.
39. An informal term for a father.
40. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
46. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
48. A decree that prohibits something.
50. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
51. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
56. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
57. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
60. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
62. Indicating the most important performer or role.
63. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
64. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
65. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
66. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
67. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
1. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. Divulge information or secrets.
4. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
5. Singing jazz.
6. An associate degree in applied science.
7. A neutral middle vowel.
8. Lacking self-confidence.
9. A Loloish language.
10. A punctuation mark (,) used to indicate the separation of elements within the grammatical structure of a sentence.
11. Jordan's port.
12. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
18. A state in midwestern United States.
20. In bed.
21. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
23. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
24. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
27. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
30. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
33. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. British informal term.
36. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
41. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
42. A flexible container with a single opening.
44. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
45. The face or front of a building.
47. Cuban poet and revolutionary who fought for Cuban independence from Spain (1853-1895).
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. A town in southwestern Idaho.
52. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. Adopted in order to deceive.
58. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
59. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
61. (informal) Roused to anger.