1. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
4. A decorative loop of braid or cord.
9. Informal terms for a mother.
13. The fatty flesh of eel.
14. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. An enclosed space.
17. (Greek mythology) The god of marriage.
18. Imprudently incurring risk.
19. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. Broken into sharp pieces.
31. A conversation between two persons.
35. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
36. An awkward stupid person.
38. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
43. (informal) Exceptionally good.
45. Being nine more than forty.
46. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
48. An accountant certified by the state.
50. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
51. Obvious and dull.
56. To fix or set securely or deeply.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
64. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
65. Having leadership guidance.
66. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
68. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
69. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
70. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
71. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
1. Flat tableland with steep edges.
2. Not only so, but.
3. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
4. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary and stimulates growth of Graafian follicles in female mammals, and activates sperm-forming cells in male mammals.
5. A column of light (as from a beacon).
6. European cave-dwelling aquatic salamander with permanent external gills.
7. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
8. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
9. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
11. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
12. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
20. Serving as or forming a base.
22. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
24. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
25. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
28. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
29. A city in northern India.
30. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
32. The provision of money temporarily (usually at interest).
33. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
34. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
37. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
41. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
42. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
44. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
49. A folded part (as a fold of skin or muscle).
52. In bed.
53. A quantity of no importance.
54. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
55. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
56. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
57. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
58. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
59. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
62. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
63. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
67. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.