1. An Asian river between China and Russia.
5. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
10. Used in combination to denote the middle.
13. The basic unit of money on Malta.
14. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
17. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
19. Jordan's port.
21. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
23. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
25. Type genus of the Anatidae.
26. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
30. An orderly assigned to serve a British military officer.
33. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
34. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
36. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
37. Lower in esteem.
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
47. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
48. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
52. (nautical) Of an anchor.
54. Heal or recover.
55. One of two official languages of Norway.
58. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
61. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
62. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
63. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
66. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
67. Liquid excretory product.
68. Small dry indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. Resembling milk in color or cloudiness.
3. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
4. A motley assortment of things.
5. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
6. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
9. An associate degree in nursing.
10. One species.
11. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
12. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
18. Make less active or intense.
20. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
27. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
28. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
32. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
35. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
38. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
39. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
41. The savage and excessive killing of people.
45. A simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes.
46. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
49. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
50. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
53. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
54. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
56. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
57. God of love and erotic desire.
59. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
60. Enlarged prostate.
64. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
65. A Mid-Atlantic state.
66. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.