1. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
4. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
10. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
13. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
14. strap the foreleg and hind leg together on each side (of a horse) in order to keep the like-sided legs moving in unison.
15. An associate degree in applied science.
16. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
17. A nitrogen-containing base found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine.
18. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
19. A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal.
21. Some point in the air.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
26. An ancient city is southern Greece.
29. The longest river of Asia.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. One millionth of a gram.
39. Type genus of the Balaenidae.
42. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
44. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
45. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. The handle of a weapon or tool.
54. The cry made by sheep.
56. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
58. Not only so, but.
59. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
61. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
65. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
66. Used of a single unit or thing.
67. A drama set to music.
68. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
2. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
3. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
4. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
5. Knowledge gained through tradition or anecdote.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
8. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
9. Pertaining to or near the sun.
10. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
11. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
12. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
20. In bed.
22. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
24. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
27. Noisy talk.
28. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. (British) Your grandmother.
31. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
38. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
40. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
41. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
43. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
46. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
48. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
52. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
53. An event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future.
55. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
56. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
57. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
63. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.
64. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).