1. A long narrow inlet of the sea in Scotland (especially when it is nearly landlocked).
5. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
10. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
13. A Loloish language.
14. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
17. Dearly loved.
19. Of a yellowish brown color similar to olive drab n.
21. Any of various volatile flammable liquid hydrocarbon mixtures.
23. A discussion intended to produce an agreement.
26. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
30. The expensive white fur of the ermine.
34. A group of people attractively arranged (as if in a painting).
37. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
38. A formal expression of praise.
39. Lower in esteem.
42. A bachelor's degree in religion.
43. Before noon.
44. The peninsula and island in the Philippines where Japanese forces besieged American forces in World War II.
46. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
50. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
54. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
57. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
58. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
60. Capital and largest city of Colombia.
63. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
64. The longest division of geological time.
65. A nitrogen-containing base found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine.
66. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
67. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
68. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
2. An endorsement.
3. Weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land.
4. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
5. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
6. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
7. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
8. A bottle with a stopper.
9. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
10. Cry plaintively.
11. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
12. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
18. A genus of Paridae.
20. A lake in northwestern Russia.
22. Of or relating to or functioning as a phrase.
24. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. Short and fat.
28. The cry made by sheep.
31. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
32. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
33. Either extremity of something that has length.
35. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
36. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
40. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
41. Lacking motor coordination.
42. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
45. A state in the western United States.
47. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
48. One or more recordings issued together.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
55. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
56. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
59. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
61. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
62. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.