1. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
10. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. A segment of DNA containing adjacent genes including structural genes and an operator gene and a regulatory gene.
15. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. Consisting of or made of cedar.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
19. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
21. Make more intense, stronger, or more marked.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
26. An unforeseen obstacle.
29. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
32. An informal term for a father.
34. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
35. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
39. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
42. The capital city of Vietnam.
43. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
44. A city in east central Texas.
45. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
49. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
52. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
56. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
57. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
58. Provided with a frame.
60. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
61. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
62. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
63. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. In the Roman calendar.
2. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. Soft suede glove leather from goatskin.
5. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
6. Make anew.
7. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. The basic unit of money in Nicaragua.
9. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
10. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
11. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
12. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
20. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
22. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
24. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
25. God of love and erotic desire.
27. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
28. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
30. (electronics) Designating sound transmission or recording or reproduction over a single channel.
31. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
33. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
36. A city and port in northern Jutland.
37. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
38. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
39. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
40. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
46. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
47. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
48. Fallow deer.
50. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
53. A master's degree in fine arts.
54. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
55. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
56. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.