1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
10. Not reflecting light.
13. Solid swollen underground bulb-shaped stem or stem base and serving as a reproductive structure.
14. A low triangular area where a river divides before entering a larger body of water.
15. Gone by.
16. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
17. A notable achievement.
18. The quantity contained in a keg.
19. An appreciable consequence (especially a lessening).
22. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. Have a disagreement over something.
32. An informal term for a father.
34. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
35. That is to say.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. Fiddler crabs.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. A native of ancient Troy.
43. Youngest daughter of the prophet Mohammed and wife of the fourth calif Ali.
46. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
47. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
48. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
49. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
56. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
57. (informal) Very bad.
60. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
61. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
62. In this place or thing or document.
63. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
64. A young woman making her debut into society.
65. The act of escaping physically.
66. How long something has existed.
1. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
2. Fail to keep or to maintain.
3. The father of your father or mother.
4. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. Humble request for help.
8. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
9. A boy or man.
10. A mountain in the Himalayas in Nepal (27,790 feet high).
11. American novelist (1909-1955).
12. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
23. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
24. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
25. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
27. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
30. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
31. Not only so, but.
33. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
38. Crust or layer of hard subsoil encrusted with calcium-carbonate occurring in arid or semiarid regions.
39. The brightest star in Scorpius.
40. A master's degree in fine arts.
44. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
45. Mucus-secreting membrane lining all body cavities or passages that communicate with the exterior.
46. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
50. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
51. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
52. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
53. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 cm/sec/sec to a mass of 1 gram.
54. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
55. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
58. Seed of a pea plant.
59. A disease of poultry.