1. A column of light (as from a beacon).
4. Middle-distance iron.
10. Call upon in supplication.
13. A rapid bustling commotion.
14. Convert ordinary language into code.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. A sharp projection on an edge or surface.
17. Common black European thrush.
18. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
19. Type genus of the Apidae.
21. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
23. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
24. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
26. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
28. Before noon.
29. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
33. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
38. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
39. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
40. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
42. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
44. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
45. Distant in either space or time.
48. An associate degree in applied science.
50. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
53. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
57. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
58. One who works hard at boring tasks.
62. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
65. On or toward the lee.
66. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
67. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. Of or relating to yoga.
4. The 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
5. Used of a single unit or thing.
6. Lean end of the neck.
7. Robbery at gunpoint.
8. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
9. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
10. South African term for `boss'.
11. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
12. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
20. The act of scanning.
22. God of death.
25. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
27. Cut off the testicles.
30. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
31. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
32. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
36. King of England who was renounced by Northumbria in favor of his brother Edgar (died in 959).
37. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A decree that prohibits something.
46. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
47. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
48. A small piece of cloth.
49. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
50. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. English monk and scholar (672-735).
54. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
56. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
59. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
61. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
64. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.