1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
10. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
13. Being two more than fifty.
14. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
15. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
18. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
19. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
20. (of the feet of some animals) Having the digits connected by a thin fold of skin.
22. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
27. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
30. Antiarrhythmic drug (trade name Enkaid) used to treat life-threatening arrhythmias but increases the risk of sudden death in heart attack patients.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
38. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. A quality of spirit that enables you to face danger of pain without showing fear.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
45. An arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line.
46. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
52. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
56. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
57. Relating to or accompanying birth.
60. Offering fun and gaiety.
61. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
62. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
63. A slender double-reed instrument.
64. A decree that prohibits something.
65. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
66. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
1. Basically shredded cabbage.
2. A formation of people or things one beside another.
3. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
4. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. Tag the base runner to get him out.
7. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
8. At risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
17. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
21. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
23. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
26. An instance of questioning.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
32. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
33. United States actor (born in Ireland).
36. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
39. A genus of Mustelidae.
42. A native of ancient Troy.
43. United States film actor known for his portrayals of tough characters (1899-1986).
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
48. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
49. (Phoenician and Philistine) God of agriculture and the earth.
50. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
51. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
52. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
53. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
54. A compact mass.
55. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
58. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
59. Considerate and solicitous care.