1. The act of scanning.
5. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
10. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
13. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
14. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
17. How long something has existed.
19. Free from dirt or impurities.
23. Fallow deer.
25. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
26. The bill in a restaurant.
29. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
30. Jordan's port.
34. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
38. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
43. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
45. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
48. (Greek mythology) A sorceress who detained Odysseus on her island and turned his men into swine.
52. Of or involving the ovaries.
55. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
56. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
57. Derived by copying something else.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
62. Separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument.
63. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
64. Used of a single unit or thing.
65. (Greek mythology) 7 daughters of Atlas and half-sisters of the Pleiades.
66. Late time of life.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. A telephone connection.
3. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
4. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
5. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
6. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
7. (informal) Of the highest quality.
8. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
9. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
10. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
11. Informal terms for a mother.
12. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
20. Tag the base runner to get him out.
21. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
22. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
27. Advanced in years.
28. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
32. A decree that prohibits something.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
36. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
37. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
41. (classical mythology) A hero noted for his strength.
42. A sudden short attack.
44. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
45. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
46. A period of time spent in military service.
47. At or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time.
49. Steal goods.
50. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
51. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
53. Characteristic of false pride.
54. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
55. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
59. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.