1. Select as an alternative.
4. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
9. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
13. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
14. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
15. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
18. The general activity of selling.
19. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
21. A small sc or pouch (especially the smaller chamber of the membranous labyrinth).
23. One of the three Furies.
25. Type genus of the Anatidae.
28. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
29. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
33. A yellow quartz.
36. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
37. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
40. The month following February and preceding April.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
43. A step in walking or running.
45. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
46. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
53. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
54. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
57. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
58. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
62. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
63. Jordan's port.
64. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Type genus of the Pipidae.
3. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
4. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
5. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
6. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
7. Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930).
8. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
9. Least expensive statin drug (trade name Lescol).
10. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
11. The rounded seed-bearing capsule of a cotton or flax plant.
12. On or toward the lee.
20. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
22. A New England state.
24. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
26. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
27. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
30. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
32. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
34. City in northwestern Jordan.
35. Many times at short intervals.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
42. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
43. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
44. State in northeastern India.
45. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
47. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
48. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
51. A feeling of intense anger.
52. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
55. The basic unit of money in Albania.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
57. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
60. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.