1. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
4. White sauce with whipping cream and shrimp butter.
10. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
18. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
19. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
20. Give expression to.
21. A Loloish language.
23. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
25. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
27. State in northeastern India.
29. A person of unquestioning obedience.
33. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. (informal) Of the highest quality.
42. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
43. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
44. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. Of or relating to or measured in ohms.
54. A quantity of no importance.
58. Taking place over public roads.
60. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
61. Similar or related in quality or character.
62. The main island of the Philippines.
64. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
65. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
66. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
67. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
1. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
2. (British) A person without employment who makes money by various dubious schemes.
3. (Greek mythology) Ancient god of the sun.
4. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
7. Marked by good order and cleanliness in appearance or habits.
8. Any of various water spirits.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
11. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
12. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
17. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
22. A French abbot.
24. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
26. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
28. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
30. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
36. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
38. New Guinea echidnas.
39. A light touch or stroke.
40. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. An associate degree in nursing.
46. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
47. At full speed.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
51. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
52. (in sports) A period of play during which one team is on the offensive.
53. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
55. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
56. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
57. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
59. Considerate and solicitous care.
63. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.