1. Offering fun and gaiety.
5. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
10. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
13. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
14. City in northwestern Jordan.
15. (British) Sleep.
16. The sixth month of the civil year.
17. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
19. Having the surface damaged or disfigured.
21. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
22. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
25. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
28. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
38. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
40. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
41. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
44. The cry made by sheep.
45. A flexible container with a single opening.
47. An associate degree in applied science.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Collect or gather.
62. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
64. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
65. On or toward the lee.
66. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
67. Any plant of the genus Erica.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
2. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
3. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
4. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
5. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
6. Not easy.
7. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
8. Jordan's port.
9. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
10. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
11. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
12. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
18. A port city in southwestern Iran.
20. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
23. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. Advanced in years.
27. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
29. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
30. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
31. A Loloish language.
33. Jordan's port.
34. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. A decree that prohibits something.
46. Lower in esteem.
47. A police officer who investigates crimes.
48. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
49. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
50. Very dark black.
51. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
52. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
53. One thousandth of a second.
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
55. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
60. The month following February and preceding April.
61. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.