1. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
4. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
9. Imprudently incurring risk.
13. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
15. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
17. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
18. Any of several large turkey-like game birds of the family Cracidae.
19. Go beyond.
21. Any of various dull-colored South American birds that feeding on ants some following army ant swarms.
23. A state in the western United States.
27. An Asian temple.
31. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. The vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves).
36. Tag the base runner to get him out.
37. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
40. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
41. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
43. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
47. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. A drawing illustrating the relations between certain quantities plotted with reference to a set of axes.
50. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
54. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
58. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
61. A wound made by cutting.
62. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
65. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
66. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
67. Again but in a new or different way.
1. Cover with drops, as with dew.
2. Inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements.
3. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
4. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
5. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
6. Animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. The father of your father or mother.
9. A motley assortment of things.
10. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
11. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
12. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
20. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
22. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
29. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
30. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
32. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
33. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
39. An oral poliovirus vaccine (containing live but weakened poliovirus) that is given to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
42. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
44. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
46. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
49. Jordan's port.
51. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
52. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
53. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
55. Characteristic of false pride.
56. A small island.
57. The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid.
59. Outer space as viewed from the earth.
60. Any of various units of capacity.