1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
5. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Look at with amorous intentions.
15. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
16. A cylindrical tower used for storing silage.
17. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
18. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
19. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
21. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
23. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
26. A slab of stone or wood suitable for bearing an inscription.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
42. A female domestic.
43. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
44. English monk and scholar (672-735).
46. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
49. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
53. High quality grape brandy distilled in the Cognac district of France.
56. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
57. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
61. God of the underworld.
62. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
63. Long-legged web-footed black-and-white shorebird with slender upward-curving bill.
65. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
66. A pass between mountain peaks.
67. A city of southeastern Mexico.
68. The seed of the cereal grass.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
4. (logic or grammar) Of or relating to scope.
5. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. An advanced law degree.
8. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
9. Jordan's port.
10. An indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint.
11. Give out.
12. A major biotic community characterized by the dominant forms of plant life and the prevailing climate.
20. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
22. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
27. In bed.
28. A small cake leavened with yeast.
29. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
30. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
33. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
35. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
36. A state in New England.
37. A doctor's degree in religion.
39. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
41. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. A member of the Siouan people of the northern Mississippi valley.
47. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
48. A state in southeastern United States.
50. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
51. (of weather) Wet by periods of rain.
52. A long narrow passage (as in a cave or woods).
54. The capital and largest city of Norway.
55. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
56. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
58. A bluish transparent magnetic liquid obtained by compressing gaseous oxygen.
59. Fiddler crabs.
60. The last (12th) month of the year.
64. A state in the eastern United States.