1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
5. The highest level or degree attainable.
9. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. English essayist (1775-1834).
14. Pitiable in circumstances especially through abandonment.
15. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
16. A small loosely aggregated mass of flocculent material suspended in or precipitated from a liquid.
17. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
18. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
19. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
21. Exultantly proud and joyful.
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
25. A light touch or stroke.
26. Of or related to the pain of angina pectoris.
32. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
33. A doctor's degree in religion.
35. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
36. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
38. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
39. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
40. A motley assortment of things.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
50. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
57. A small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle).
58. The sixth day of the week.
60. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
61. Late time of life.
62. Jordan's port.
63. A protocol (utilizing TCP) to transfer hypertext requests and information between servers and browsers.
1. The property of being large in mass.
2. A friendly nation.
3. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
4. German mathematician (1804-1851).
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
7. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
8. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
9. Short and fat.
10. On the left-hand side of a vessel or aircraft when facing forward.
11. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
20. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
22. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
24. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
27. A star that ejects some of its material in the form of a cloud and become more luminous in the process.
28. The dialect of Albanian spoken in northern Albania and Yugoslavia.
29. A fraudulent business scheme.
30. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
31. Affected by wear.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. Lower in esteem.
41. How long something has existed.
42. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
43. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
44. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
46. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
47. A doctor's degree in education.
48. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
49. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
50. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
51. Channel into a new direction.
52. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
53. A city in northwestern Syria.
55. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Unknown god.