1. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. A large number or amount.
13. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
14. An informal term for a father.
15. American novelist (1909-1955).
16. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
18. In an idle manner.
19. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
20. The father of your father or mother.
23. (Akkadian) God ruling with his consort Ereshkigal the world of the dead.
24. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
26. Toward the mouth or oral region.
28. (British) A member of the military police.
32. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
35. Advanced in years.
37. The act of using.
38. A line made of twisted fibers or threads.
41. A battle between the successors of Alexander the Great (301 BC).
43. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
45. An oral antibiotic (trade name Cipro) used against serious bacterial infections of the skin or respiratory tract of urinary tract or bones or joints.
46. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
47. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
52. A state in northwestern North America.
53. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
57. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
60. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
62. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
63. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
66. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
67. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
68. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
69. A light touch or stroke.
1. Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase.
2. Love intensely.
3. The Teutonic god of thunder.
4. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
5. A doctor's degree in optometry.
6. Marked by the reception of pay.
7. A doctor's degree in education.
8. A degree or grade of excellence or worth.
9. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
12. Stalk of a moss capsule.
17. The sixth month of the civil year.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
25. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
27. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
29. Point formed by two intersecting arcs (as from the intrados of a Gothic arch).
30. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
31. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
33. An informal debt instrument.
34. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
36. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
39. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
40. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
42. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
44. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
48. Jordan's port.
50. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
51. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
54. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
55. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
56. Young sheep.
58. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
59. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
61. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
64. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
65. A Russian river.
66. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.