1. Failing to detonate.
4. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
10. Rate of revolution of a motor.
13. Black tropical American cuckoo.
14. Have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
18. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
20. East Indian tree widely cultivated in the tropics for its aromatic seed.
22. One thousandth of a second.
24. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
25. A disreputable vagrant.
28. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
33. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
35. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
37. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
44. God of fire.
46. Short underpants for women or children (usually used in the plural).
49. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
53. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
56. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
57. Not final or absolute.
59. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
60. Informal terms for a meal.
61. Jordan's port.
62. Not in good physical or mental health.
1. The first light of day.
2. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
3. Made of packed earth or gravel.
4. A pair of people who live together.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Missouri in the valleys of the Missouri and Osage rivers.
6. Enlarged prostate.
7. Being one more than one hundred.
8. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
9. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
10. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
11. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
12. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
17. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
23. A radioactive transuranic element.
26. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
27. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
29. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
30. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
31. Divulge information or secrets.
32. A quantity of no importance.
34. Any small branched yellow-flowered North American herb of the genus Krigia.
36. English monk and scholar (672-735).
38. Kauri pine.
39. Being one more than ninety.
42. Used of a single unit or thing.
43. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
45. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
47. Type genus of the Amiidae.
48. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
50. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
51. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
52. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
54. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
58. Unknown god.