1. An erratic deflection from an intended course.
4. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
10. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
15. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
16. The sign language used in the United States.
17. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
18. 32nd President of the United States.
19. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
21. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
27. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
32. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
33. (informal) Exceptionally good.
35. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
39. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
45. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
47. An associate degree in applied science.
50. Jordan's port.
58. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
59. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
62. Material used to daub walls.
63. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
64. United States jazz musician who influenced the style of Louis Armstrong (1885-1938).
66. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
69. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. Not only so, but.
2. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
3. (India) Usually in combination.
4. Socks and stockings and tights collectively (the British include underwear as hosiery).
5. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
6. Being two more than fifty.
7. Immature of its kind.
8. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
9. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
10. Little known Kamarupan languages.
11. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
12. Lean end of the neck.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
22. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
25. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
29. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
36. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
37. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
38. The cry made by sheep.
40. Informal terms for a mother.
44. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
46. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
48. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
49. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
51. God of love and erotic desire.
52. The sixth month of the civil year.
53. (British) A person without employment who makes money by various dubious schemes.
54. Chief port of Yemen.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. The state of being decayed or destroyed.
57. A French abbot.
60. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
61. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
65. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.