1. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
4. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
9. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
13. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
14. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
15. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
16. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. Stems of beans and peas and potatoes and grasses collectively as used for thatching and bedding.
20. A cotton fabric with a satiny finish.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
26. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
27. The cry made by sheep.
28. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
35. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
43. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
44. A state in New England.
46. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
48. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
50. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
55. United States poet and critic (1916-1986).
58. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
59. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
60. Imperial moths.
63. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
64. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
65. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
66. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Not functioning properly.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. Any of several trees of the genus Platanus having thin pale bark that scales off in small plates and lobed leaves and ball-shaped heads of fruits.
4. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
5. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
6. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
7. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
8. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
9. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
10. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
11. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
12. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
29. Half the width of an em.
30. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
34. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
36. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
37. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
38. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. Jordan's port.
41. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. A city of central China.
47. A radioactive transuranic element.
49. An appearance of reflected light.
51. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
52. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
54. Explorer and United States naval officer.
56. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
57. Late time of life.
61. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
62. A white trivalent metallic element.