1. A (usually rectangular) container.
4. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
10. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
13. The sign language used in the United States.
14. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
15. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
18. The act of rising upward into the air.
19. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
20. A port in northwestern Israel on the Bay of Acre.
21. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
25. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
26. A disreputable vagrant.
29. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
30. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
34. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
37. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
41. A light touch or stroke.
42. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
43. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
45. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
52. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
54. In bed.
56. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
59. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
63. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
64. The seventh and last day of the week.
65. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
3. Being two more than forty.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. A form of address for a man.
6. A wrongful dispossession.
7. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
8. (informal) Exceptionally good.
9. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
10. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
17. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
23. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
24. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
27. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
28. Fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and hops.
31. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A young woman making her debut into society.
35. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
36. Divulge information or secrets.
38. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
39. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
40. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
41. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
44. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
53. A large number or amount.
55. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
57. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
58. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
59. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
62. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.