1. A polymer of vinyl chloride used instead of rubber in electric cables.
4. Easy to handle or use or manage.
10. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
13. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
14. Oblong cream puff.
15. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
16. Anything that covers or conceals.
18. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
20. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
22. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. The time during which someone's life continues.
30. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
37. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
38. Top part of an apron.
40. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
47. A foot traveler.
50. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
52. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
55. Station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods.
58. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
59. A coarse obnoxious person.
62. Type genus of the Nepidae.
63. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
65. A branch of the Tai languages.
66. Take in solid food.
67. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A large indefinite number.
2. Capital of Vanuatu.
3. United States singer and film actor (1904-1977).
4. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
5. Being nine more than ninety.
6. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
7. An East Indian sailor.
8. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
9. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
10. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
11. Used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed.
12. Tropical Asian starlings.
17. Lower in esteem.
19. A ribbon used as a decoration.
21. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
23. Any competition.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
29. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
31. The residue that remains when something is burned.
32. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
33. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor commonly prescribed as an antidepressant (trade name Paxil).
39. A bachelor's degree in religion.
41. (informal) Of the highest quality.
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
46. Earnest or urgent request.
48. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
49. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
50. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
51. A faint constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere and containing part of the Large Magellanic Cloud.
53. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. A member of the British order of honor.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
60. A local computer network for communication between computers.
61. The cry made by sheep.
64. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).